It’s finally time! The Trans Woman Makeup Giveaway is upon us! Please reblog to spread the word. Remember, if you’re entering — you can get an extra entry for a reblog.
I want to thank everyone who has generously contributed to this giveaway! You guys made this happen, I’m just the facilitator, so quickly, before I get to the prize stuff, I’d like to mention these wonderful people who helped make this possible:
- Online Dating is Literally the Worst (NSFW but hilarious) — Donated $25 in Ulta gift cards. Thanks!
- Devon Wirtz Evil, Inc (Also on etsy) - Donated two eye/lip brush sets, some makeup bags, and some assorted makeup tools. Thanks, Devon!
- coffeebuddha - Donated six brand-new bras. Thanks, coffee!
- silvermarmot - donated assorted makeup and jewelry, despite currently being in financial crisis. If you have a moment, please take a minute to go check out her gofundme page, or signal boost her post about it. Thanks, silver!
- alyssabethancourt - Donated a set of Chi haircair products and assorted makeup. Thanks, Alyssa!
- My IRL friend Cally - donated a bunch of assorted makeup, a purse, and perfume. Thanks, Cally!
Here is a link to the itemized giveaway package contents. There are four packages.
Just a note: Reblogging does not count as entry into this contest unless you first fill out this form.
- You must be trans. Cis people will be disqualified. I might make a random makeup giveaway at some point in the future for everyone, because yay makeup! But right now I’d really like to focus on trans women.
- I will not force you to “prove” your trans-ness, but I will ask for a blog, facebook, or twitter URL so that I can …well, weed out the trolls as much as possible.
- The reason for this giveaway’s existence is that trans women are much more likely to be discriminated against in the workplace and economically. Therefore, while I am not banning nonbinary people from entering the giveaway, I DO ask that if you are nonbinary (like me! hi!) you honestly ask yourself if you’re in a situation where you need help for your dysphoria/any anxiety issues that have arisen due to gender identity issues. If yes, then by all means, PLEASE enter the giveaway! If not, I respectfully request that you refrain from entering, so that this stuff can go somewhere where it’s needed.
- This contest is not for trans men or drag queens, unless you use drag as a means of working through gender dysphoria/anxiety issues. I do apologize.
- You do not have to be following me to enter the giveaway. That’s not what this is about. You’re welcome to, of course, but it will not help or hinder your chances of winning either way.
- To enter, you must fill out this Google Form and you must get a confirmation page at the end stating that you have done so. The form asks some basic information (email, name you like to receive snailmail by, name you prefer to go by online, whether you’re trans, etc.) but you will not be required to provide any seriously personal information like your address unless you are contacted as a winner.
- Likes do not count, but if you reblog you can earn an extra entry. To get your extra entry you must specify on the form that you reblogged it, and link to the reblog. Only one reblog will count, so please do not spam your followers. You can get a maximum of two entries into this giveaway:.
- You must live in the United States or Canada to enter. I’m very sorry, but I’m financing the shipping myself and I just can’t afford to ship overseas. Next time I’ll budget more carefully and try to make it worldwide. (And obviously, you must be cool with giving me your physical address.)
- The giveaway will run from Aug. 25, 2014 to Oct. 25, 2014. Winners will be announced by no later than Nov. 2 at 3 p.m. Pacific time, and will be picked via random number generator.
- Entry winners will be contacted via email no later than Oct. 26, 2014. Make sure that when you enter you enter using an email that you check REGULARLY, because you will only have 24 hours to respond with your physical address (I don’t think I’ll be able to ship this much stuff to a PO box, sorry). If you haven’t responded in 24 hours I’ll re-draw someone to take your spot. Prizes will be shipped no later than Nov. 10, 2014, and I’ll try to get a tracking number so you’ll be able to arrange for someone to be home if that’s needed.
Once again, THIS is the link to the Google Form that you have to fill out to enter. Reblogs and likes by themselves DO NOT COUNT.
I realize I never post anything to this blog that isn’t a horror from OKC, but I know I have oodles of followers who either could benefit from this themselves or know someone who may. It’s a good cause that I personally contributed to, so I’d love to see someone wonderful get use! <3